Monday, November 16, 2009

For Peggy- A Toast

A Toast - by cheryl e wilson (so ee cummings!)

I've experienced that old Southern Comfort,
seen the Royalty of the Crown,
I've been to Margaritaville
where Jack and Jim, they left me with a frown.

I went to Boone's Farm
to see those Strawberry Hills,
But the Country didn't Quench me
and Tickle Pink did not leave me thrilled.

I've waded through the Hurricanes
after Sex on the Beach.
I've played with Fuzzy Navels,
the sweetest of them peach.

I've been Screwed by the Driver,
done the Kamikaze death dive,
I've been stomped on by that Turkey,
and somehow, somehow I survived.

So, let the executive have his whiskey,
let the debutante sip her wine,
Just give me a tall, cold beer
and I'll be fine!



written circa 1990, probably at the height of my binge drinking.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Wow! Cheryl.... that is terrific!! And you were able to find where it was and post it? Good for you!!! That is really, really good!!! Even though we are so different, we're so much alike!!! Lets share more some time!!!

sc00by77 said...

I LOVE it!!!!

Unknown said...

Cheryl that ROCKS! I'm stealing it for the next toast I have to give...I don't know what I mean by next. I can't remember when I've had to give one. But I'm still stealing it. :) In the spirit of education, though, I'll cite my source. heh.