Friday, October 15, 2010

The Great Shoe Kick Robbery

One of JB's favorite events at Field Day is the Shoe Kick. It is exactly what it sounds like. You loosen one shoe and then you kick it as far as you can. The farthest shoe wins.


This is a serious sport. Not one to be taken lightly.

He sends a quick prayer out into the universe.

Total concentration.


Get Ready. And Kick!


His shoe didn't go very far. Not far at all.
Total disappointment.

It's okay JB.


Don't cry french fry.


But mom. I was robbed. The basket was in my way. The basket!
The basket was right in front of me and blocked my shoe!

Let's review.
Yes. the basket was there, son. And you had a beautiful kick, son. But unfortunately, sweet boy, your shoe just went sideways and the basket was not impeding your kick from traveling a any distance. Other than sideways.

He didn't agree with me.


After review of the play, the call on the field stands. Sorry, son.

No comments: