Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Joy of Soccer- Go Sting!

Olivia, Drew, Freddy, Rishik, JB, Tyrese, & Briley


Soccer is a lot more fun this Spring as we have acquired some better players. Now, we've only won one game but it's still better than in the Fall. The boys are having fun. I have noticed that they're not running as much as they did in the fall. Last weeks game was just plain sloppy. The photos attached to this blog are from the game before when neither of our practiced goalies were at the game in the beginning so, Drew played goalie for a bit and did quite well. We still like him in the forward position (well, when he's full of pep anyway and running.) JB does best in the sweeper position. He attacks the ball like a, like a... shark?!!

Sweeper & Goalie are ready!


Whew! I'm at risk of having a heart attack when either of them plays goalie!


We only have a couple more games for this season! YAY! It's starting to get hot. YAY!

The boys actually took a quick dip in the pool this past Sunday. It was pretty, pretty cold. They had fun but I made them get out when I noticed JB's lips were turning blue. I can't wait for this summer and getting to swim again. The pool guy is working out great. And, so is the lawn guy. I'm hoping to get some of the beds redone but that's slow going. Which is fine. It all doesn't have to happen at once. And I want to do them myself- fruits of my labor and all that.

I have joined a neighborhood bunco group. We meet monthly on Friday's. I've only been to two parties and I feel very lucky to find this group of girls. They are a lot of fun. I've even started a blog that you can check out. The "Fun with Bunco" link is on the side.

One thing that has inspired me this month is Randy Pausch from Carnegie Melon and The Last Lecture. If you haven't seen it you should take the time to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

No comments: