Monday, April 14, 2008

Soccer & Crawfish

As you may have realized, I'm not a very good at keeping my own blog up to date but I'm very good at posting comments on other peoples blogs.

The boys had a soccer game and Saturday and I'm happy to report that they finally won a game! Yay! JB is the best little sweeper! When that ball gets near his goal he runs in there and kicks it away from the other team. Drew is all over the place. He played goalie the first half and did great! Then he played forward the rest of the game. You can tell that they're really starting to "get it". And, this season has been much better since we have new team members that are into the game as well.

I went to a crawfish boil (yum) for a friends 80 year old grandmother's birthday. That was a mouthful. Or handful of typing. :) I love crawfish but I forgot how much work they are and how messy they are for such a little amount. I think I might have become too prissy for them.

Other than that, I just enjoyed the sunshine and did some shopping. :) I'm still holding on to the hope that I'll get some photos posted up here for your viewing pleasure.

Did you watch Diane Sawyer's special on ABC last week about Randy Pausch and The Last Lecture? Oh my! I was totally inspired by him and his wife, Jai. Randy is dying of pancreatic cancer. Jai said, "I have all I need." And isn't it true. I know that having healthy kids, a roof over my head, a car that is running and job to go to... I have all I need. Now, there are some things that I still want... but all in good time.

No comments: