Thursday, April 17, 2008

Live Oak County Cabrito Cookoff

At the end of March, I journeyed down to the big metropolis of George West, Texas to hang out with my friends from high school and their cookoff team mates. They meet on Friday and get all set up. They had a fish fry and it was delicious!

me and Kelly


DeDe and me



You can't see my shirt but it says "Poor Little Billy" on it. Cabrito is goat. Get it? I made it on zazzle.com. And I had so much fun doing it. I crack myself up!

The City Slickers have become quite famous at the cookoff. They've won a lot of awards over the years. This year they were first in the carne asada entry and 8th in the cooked entry.




Kelly & James






DeDe & Donald

The Chickens!


You can't tell in this photo but they put cut lemons and limes on the breasts of these chickens. It was darn funny! The food was AMAZING!!! Not only was there so much of it, it ALL tasted so good. The ribs were to die for! Sweet, juicy and tender!! Yum-mee! Thanks for letting me hang out guys! It was a long drive so we'll have to see if I return for their annual trip.

No comments: