Friday, August 15, 2008

Belly Buttons

We had the funniest conversation at our monthly birthday cake social at work. Outies are a deal breaker for a girl in my office. She wants them pushed back in. Is there a cosmetic procedure that can turn an outie into an innie?



The discussion then led to belly button transplants... what in the world? We're in all born the same. So, when women have tummy tucks sometimes they lose their belly buttons and have to have a transplant! I just didn't know that.



It's not as funny writing about it now because you can't see the other girl in the conversation say, "No Outies! No Outies!" And the guy in our conversation asking at what point do you ask about the belly button. It's topic of conversation during the second date.

Anyway, I know it must not sound funny now but it made me snort.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

somehow the vision of all your co-workers chanting "no outies, not outies!" while rallied around a birthday cake seems funny even if not there.

Thanks for letting me join in all the fun last night (and take home all the cash =P)

Cheryl Houston said...

Oh- well, maybe I was mis-leading because there were just 4 of us left when this discussion happened. The Outie Hater, The Chanter, the Only Guy and me.

I am so glad you were able to come to Bunco last night AND win all the cash!

I haven't forgot about our lunch but it seems as August may be sneaking past us. We need to make plans.

Anonymous said...

where do you work in relationship to Arlington?
I can maybe come your way...

Cheryl Houston said...

I work in Uptown Dallas off Oak Lawn and Turtle Creek Blvd. I'm not sure where you're at to tell you how far. Are you at UT Arlington?