Friday, August 22, 2008

Highlowaha Week Two Wrap Up

Today is the last day of the Highlowaha.com Decathlon. It has been a fun two weeks. Our tasks this week were:

Monday was Name that Tune where we re-wrote the words to the song Kokomo from the movie Cocktail. I'll post my song at the end since it's long.

Tuesday was the Incredible Discus where we had to design a card for National Cream Filled Donut Day on September 14th. My creation lost by .5 point and is pictured below.




Wednesday we threw the Javelin and had to get someone that lived in Montana to post a comment for us. Thank you Jeff Wald at Carroll College in Helena, MT!



Thursday we wrote a haiku. Mine was about one of my favorite treats though after I posted it I thought it should be rewritten. Both are below.

Sticky Goodness
pink cotton candy
melting on my tongue so sweet
a beautiful treat

re-written, it fits the haiku style like this:
Cotton Candy
pink sticky goodness
melting on my tongue so sweet
a beautiful treat





Today, Friday, we are in it for stamina with the 1500m, Record Time.
We all start with 15 points today and our goal is to have zero at the end of the day. Starting at 7:00am in each of our own time zones, we are required to make 15 posts between the top of the hour and the 15 minute mark of that hour and cross at least 15 hurdles. The contest ends at 12:15am in our respective time zones. :)

It's been a fun creative week! Thanks Claudia! If you made this far in todays post here's the song I wrote:

Its cookies, and Ice Cream ooo I wanna taste 'em
For creating, and memories, Random Acts of Kindness
Fun People, fall in love, with a new idea
Ice Cream

Off the Internet keys
There's a blog called Highlowaha
That's where you wanna go to get away from it all.

Bodies at our desk
Logging in, we all do our best
We'll be falling in love
With the kinship of Claudia's tests
At Highlowaha

(Chorus)

Its cookies, and Ice Cream ooo I wanna taste 'em
For creating, and memories, Random Acts of Kindness
Fun People, fall in love, with a new idea
(Ooo I wanna meet you) at Highlowaha
Log on Daily
But not on Domingo
That's where we wanna go
Up at Highlowaha

New techniques, that craft-like mystique

We'll put out the word
And build a community
One by one, we enlist as many friends as we can

Everything's alright
Ideas reach new height
that dreamy look in your eye
Gives us innovative tricks to try
Up at Highlowaha

Chorus

Scrap Journals, I wanna try its true.

No, nobody knows
A blog quite like Highlowaha
Now if you wanna go
And get away from it all
Go to Highlowaha

Chorus 2x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, You have been a force to be reckoned with during this decathlon and are certain to win the gold!
I LOVED your card, Claudia shared it with me when I dropped off my baked good...you are amazing!

Cheryl Houston said...

Thank you!! It's been a fun competition don't you think? I have to admit that I was disappointed to not win the card competition. I wanted another patch- they're so darn cute. I new it would take 110% with Peggy's creativity level. Oh well. I guess I can't really complain since I'm in the lead. I hope Claudia will reveal everyone's "stuff" when it's all over. :)

Anonymous said...

i know I'd LOVE to see everyone's entries.

This has been fun though I told Claudia i need more black and white competitions...Clearly I prefer swimming and track where the winner is clearly defined based upon their speed over gymnastics where the judges get to put their own bias into it.

I can't wait for the next competition though regardless of what it is!

Cheryl Houston said...

You would totally ROCK at vocabulary/smart-people competitions! I would totally NOT. I would try but it would be at the bottom of the pack. :)

Anonymous said...

Nah not smart people competitions...just words. I suck at math!

Urghhh I'm irritated that I'm stuck at work until at least 6 or 6:30 tonight.
Crossing my fingers that it doesn't interfere with the challenge...
I must get on the medal podium.