Thursday, November 13, 2008

Paper Paintings

I have found a new artist that I just love! Her name is Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson. It is my goal to own one of her pieces (or more) AND to attend one of her workshops. In fact, I'm hoping to obtain both for my 40th birthday next year. There. I have officially put it out to the universe.

Check her blog out at http://elizabethsthilairenelson.blogspot.com/.

More of her work is featured here.
The piece below is called Reflection. Isn't she beautiful? I have envisioned something like this hanging in my living room extending my pool into my house. :)

4 comments:

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

Cheryl, I am also a mother of two, one girl and one boy. I am honored and proud to be at the top of your blog today! If anyone is interested in my website, it's http://www.nelsoncreative.com/gallery.

At your suggestion, I am working on a blog entry listing all of my upcoming workshops, that way not only can folks check them out in advance, but I can have all that info in one place. Organization is not my strong suit!

Unknown said...

I LOVE "Reflection"! Love it! I'm sending Momma and Heb over here!

jumble: shimmul

Cheryl Houston said...

I feel like I should clarify... I think Elizabeth is not new to art, just new to me. :)

You knew what I meant but I cring everytime I read it.

Anonymous said...

your right she is fabulous and that does remind me of your pool picture on your blog...so August of next year is the date for both of these things to happen huh?